Standard: UFC 3-220-03FA
SOILS AND GEOLOGY PROCEDURES FOR FOUNDATION DESIGN OF BUILDING AND OTHER STRUCTURES (EXCEPT HYDRAULIC STRUCTURES)
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Information contained herein is directed toward construction usually undertaken on military reservations, although it is sufficiently general to permit its use on a wide variety of construction projects.
a. This manual includes-
(1) A brief summary of fundamental volumetric - gravimetric relationships.
(2) Summaries of physical and engineering properties of soil and rock.
(3) General descriptions of field and laboratory investigations useful for foundation selection and design.
(4) Design procedures for construction aspects, such as excavated slopes and shoring. (5) Empirical design equations and simplified methods of analysis, including design charts, soil property-index correlations, and tabulated data.
(6) Selected design examples to illustrate use of the analytical methods.
b. Since the user is assumed to have some familiarity with geotechnical engineering, design equations and procedures are presented with a minimum of theoretical background and no derivations. The topics of dewatering and groundwater control, pile foundations, and foundations on expansive soils are covered in greater depth in separate technical manuals and are only treated briefly in this manual.
Purpose. This manual presents guidance for selecting and designing foundations and associated features for buildings, retaining structures, and machinery. Foundations for hydraulic structures are not included. Foundation design differs considerably from design of other elements of a structure because of the interaction between the structure and the supporting medium (soil and/or rock).
|Organization:||Unified Facilities Criteria|
|Document Number:||ufc 3-220-03fa|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 33.