Standard: ANSI B175.3
OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT - GRASS TRIMMERS AND BUSHCUTTERS - SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The requirements of this Standard1 apply to:
a) portable hand-supported gasoline powered grass trimmers2 intended for use with flexible nonmetallic line, or other types of nonmetallic cutting attachments, and
b) portable, hand-supported, gasoline-powered brushcutters intended for use with cutting blades and other cutting attachments.
NOTE - If a grass trimmer is marketed by the manufacturer as convertible to a brushcutter, then the converted unit shall comply with requirements for brushcutters and vice-versa.
A convertible unit may be marketed as a grass trimmer or a brushcutter without including the devices required for conversion in the packaging, provided the operator manual clearly addresses the need to acquire and use the required conversion devices and the manufacturer makes such devices available as optional equipment.
1) Metric conversions are shown in brackets and are included for information only.
2) Trimmers and Brushcutters with back mounted power units are not covered by this standard.
|Organization:||American National Standards Institute|
|Document Number:||ansi b175.3|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|ANSI B175.3||Change Type:||Update Date: 1997-01-01||Revision: 97||Status: INAC|