Standard: B11/STD - ANSI B11 TR5
SOUND LEVEL MEASUREMENT GUIDELINES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Technical Report specifies methods for measuring, evaluating and documenting sound pressure levels emitted by a machine or machine production system(s) during normal operation and when running at idle. This technical report provides guidance for measuring and recording machine sound pressure levels that are the most compatible with the actual conditions encountered in industry, and allows the user to select equipment using ‘buy-quiet purchase specifications' or to estimate the effect particular machinery will have on existing sound pressure levels once it is installed in the user's facility.
Sound pressure levels emitted by machines or machine production systems is frequently referred to as "noise." This Technical Report considers the terms "Noise" and "Sound" as synonymous.
|Organization:||B11 Standards Inc. (Formerly AMT)|
|Document Number:||ansi b11 tr5|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 7 of 7.