Standard: ASME - ANSI B94.18.1
PUNCHES - BASIC BALL-LOCK LIGHT AND HEAVY DUTY (METRIC)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard covers the American National Standard Practice for basic metric ball-lock, light and heavy duty punches, including dimensions, tolerances, nomenclature, sizes and shapes.
Light-duty interchangeable punches are standard in round, oblong, square and rectangular shapes with punches available in 6.3 to 25.0 overall diameter shank sizes. Size of the locking ball in the retainer, ranges from 6.0 to 8.0 diameter. The light-duty series will pierce up to 3.2 stock.
Heavy-duty interchangeable punches are standard in round, oblong, square and rectangular shapes, with punches available in 13.0 to 32.0 overall diameter shank sizes. Size of the locking ball in the retainer is 12.0 diameter. The heavy-duty series generally will pierce up to 9.0 stock in all but a few of the larger sizes.
|Document Number:||ansi b94.18.1|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|