Standard: UFC 3-220-01A
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
General information with respect to the selection and design of deep foundations is addressed herein. Single and groups of driven piles and drilled shafts under axial and lateral static loads are treated. Some example problems and the most widely accepted computer methods are introduced. This publication is not intended for hydraulic structures; however, it does provide the following:
a. Guidance is provided to assist the efficient planning, design, and quality verification of the deep foundation.
b. Guidance is not specifically provided for design of sheet piles used as retaining walls to resist lateral forces or for the design of stone columns. Other foundation structures may be designed as discussed below:
(1) Shallow foundations will be designed using TM 5-818- 1, “Soils and Geology; Procedures for Foundation Design of Buildings and Other Structures (Except Hydraulic Structures).”
(2) Refer to Foundations (Pile Buck Inc. 1992) and Pile Foundations in Engineering Practice (Prakash and Sharma 1989) for guidance on design of deep foundations subject to dynamic load.
c. Guidance for construction of deep foundations is provided only in minor detail. For construction of deep foundations, the following references are offered:
(1) Some guidance for selection of pile driving equipment and construction of driven piles is provided in TM 5-849-1, “Pile Driving Equipment.”
(2) Guidance for construction of drilled shafts is available in FHWA-HI-88-042, “Drilled Shafts: Construction Procedures and Design Methods” and Association of Drilled Shaft Contractors (ADSC) Publication, “Drilled Shaft Inspector's Manual.”
This publication presents data, principles, and methods for use in planning, design, and construction of deep foundations. Deep foundations are literally braced (supported) column elements transmitting structure loads down to the subgrade supporting medium.
These instructions are applicable to all HQUSACE elements and USACE comands
|Organization:||Unified Facilities Criteria|
|Document Number:||ufc 3-220-01a|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|