Standard: IEC 60077-2
RAILWAY APPLICATIONS - ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT FOR ROLLING STOCK - PART 2: ELECTROTECHNICAL COMPONENTS - GENERAL RULES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope and object
In addition to the rules given in IEC 60077-1, this part of IEC 60077 provides general rules for all electrotechnical components installed in power circuits, auxiliary circuits, control and indicating circuits, etc., on rail rolling stock.
The purpose of this standard is to adapt the general rules given in IEC 60077-1 to all electrotechnical components for rolling stock, in order to obtain uniformity of requirements and tests for the corresponding range of components.
Electrotechnical components are mainly switchgear and controlgear, irrespective of their control, including also relays, valves, resistors, fuses, etc.
NOTE 1 – The incorporation of electronic components or electronic subassemblies into electrotechnical components is now common practice. Although this standard is not applicable to electronic equipment, the presence of electronic components does not give grounds to exclude such electrotechnical components from the scope of this standard.
Electronic subassemblies should comply with the relevant standard.
NOTE 2 – Some of these rules may, after agreement between user and manufacturer, be used for electrotechnical components installed on vehicles other than rail rolling stock, such as mine locomotives, trolleybuses, etc.
This standard states
a) the characteristics of the components;
b) the service conditions with which components have to comply;
c) the tests intended to confirm compliance of the components with these characteristics under these service conditions, and the methods to be adopted for these tests;
d) the information to be marked on, or given with, the apparatus.
This standard does not cover industrial electrotechnical components which comply with their own product standard. In order to ensure satisfactory operation of these components for rolling stock, this standard should be used to specify only the particular requirements for railway application. In that case, a specific document should state the additional requirements with which the industrial components are to comply, e.g.:
- to be adapted (for example for control voltage, environmental conditions, etc.); or
- to be installed and used so as not to have to endure specific railway conditions; or
- to be additionally tested to prove that these components can satisfactorily withstand railway conditions.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60077-2|
|Most Recent Revision:||NO|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|IEC 60077-2||Change Type:||Revision: 2.0||Status: ACTV|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 17.