Standard: UFC 4-860-01FA
RAILROAD DESIGN AND REHABILITATION
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
PURPOSE AND SCOPE.
This manual provides guidance for design and rehabilitation of railroad track, terminals, and loading facilities, along with some information on construction.
a. The guidance in this manual is primarily for railroad lines operated at lower speeds and with lower traffic volumes than those most commonly found in the commercial industry. The guidance on terminal design is for small terminals handling military cargo: primarily tracked or wheeled vehicles and intermodal containers.
b. This manual, supplemented with the specified references, should provide sufficient information for general purposes. Most projects, however, include some aspects that are very site-specific or some conditions that are not common. Designers are encouraged to obtain assistance when unusual or unfamiliar situations are encountered.
These instructions are applicable to all USACE elements and their contractors involved with railroad design, construction, and rehabilitation
|Organization:||Unified Facilities Criteria|
|Document Number:||ufc 4-860-01fa|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 12.