Standard: ANSI C37.9
TEST CODE FOR AC HIGH-VOLTAGE CIRCUIT BREAKERS RATED ON A TOTAL CURRENT BASIS; SUPPLEMENT C37.9A - 1970
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This test code summarizes the various tests which may be made on power circuit breakers and describes accepted methods used in making these tests. These tests may be divided into two classifications:
(a) Design Tests
(b) Production Tests
Design tests are those tests made to determine the adequacy of the design of a particular type, style, or model power circuit breaker to meet its assigned ratings and to operate satisfactorily under normal service application conditions, or under special conditions if specified. Design tests are made only on representative breakers to substantiate the ratings assigned to all other breakers of similar design and are not contemplated in normal production.
Production tests are those tests made to check the quality and uniformity of the workmanship and materials used in the manufacture of power circuit breakers.
|Organization:||American National Standards Institute|
|Document Number:||ansi c37.9|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|ANSI C37.9||Change Type: ADA||Revision: 53||Status: INAC|
|ANSI C37.9||Change Type:||Revision: 53||Status: INAC|