Standard: IEC 60077-4
RAILWAY APPLICATIONS ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT FOR ROLLING STOCK PART 4: ELECTROTECHNICAL COMPONENTS RULES FOR AC CIRCUIT-BREAKERS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
In addition to the general requirements of IEC 60077-2, this part of IEC 60077 gives rules for AC circuit-breakers, the main contacts of which are to be connected to AC overhead contact lines; the nominal voltage of these circuits being in accordance with IEC 60850.
This standard, together with IEC 60077-2, states specifically:
a) the characteristics of the circuit-breakers;
b) the service conditions with which circuit-breakers have to comply with reference to:
– operation and behaviour in normal service,
– operation and behaviour in short-circuit,
– dielectric properties;
c) the tests for confirming the compliance of the components with the characteristics under the service conditions and the methods to be adopted for these tests;
d) the information to be marked on, or given with the circuit-breaker.
NOTE 1 Circuit-breakers which are dealt with in this standard may be provided with devices for automatic opening under pre-determined conditions other than those of over-current, for example, undervoltage and reversal of power current. This standard does not deal with the verification of operation under such predetermined conditions.
NOTE 2 The incorporation of electronic components or electronic sub-assemblies into electrotechnical components is now common practice.
Although this standard is not applicable to electronic equipment, the presence of electronic components does not provide a reason to exclude such electrotechnical components from the scope.
Electronic sub-assemblies included in the circuit-breakers should comply with the relevant standard for electronics (IEC 60571).
NOTE 3 Certain of these rules may, after agreement between user and manufacturer, be used for electrotechnical components installed on vehicles other than rail rolling stock.
This standard does not cover industrial circuit-breakers which have to comply with IEC 60056. For these, in order to ensure satisfactory operation, this standard should be used to specify only the particular requirements for rolling stock. In such cases, a specific document should state the additional requirements with which the industrial circuit-breakers are to comply, for example:
– either to be adapted (e.g. for control voltage, environmental conditions, etc.);
– or to be installed and used so that they do not have to endure specific rolling stock conditions;
– or to be additionally tested to prove that these components can withstand satisfactorily the rolling stock conditions.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60077-4|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 10.