Standard: UFC 3-240-08FA
SANITARY AND INDUSTRIAL WASTEWATER COLLECTION: PUMPING STATIONS AND FORCE MAINS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Purpose and scope.
This manual provides guidance, instructions and criteria for the design of sanitary and industrial wastewater pumping facilities at fixed Army and Air Force installations, and any applicable special projects. Facilities covered in this manual include pump and ejector stations required for (1) removal of sanitary and industrial wastes from remote or low lying areas of the installation which cannot be served hydraulically by gravity sewers, (2) controlled introduction and lifting of raw wastewater into the waste treatment plant, (3) transfer of recycled and bypassed flows throughout the plant, and (4) discharge of treated effluent. Pumping systems for the handling of sludge, grit and scum are presented in TM 5-814-3/AFM 88-11, Vol. 3. The design of a wastewater pumping station will typically include site improvements, structures, screening and flow monitoring devices, pumping units, pump drives, system controls and instrumentation, mechanical and electrical components, interior piping, underground force mains, valves and appurtenances.
|Organization:||Unified Facilities Criteria|
|Document Number:||ufc 3-240-08fa|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|