Standard: MODUK - DEF STAN 00-37
GUIDE TO THE PROCUREMENT OF A COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN (CAD) SYSTEM
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The aim of this guide is to alert the reader to the potential problems of selecting and installing a CAD system by a concise overview, written with the experience of MOD user establishments and some of its major contractors. The guide poses a lot of questions, but does not attempt to give definitive answers because every organization's requirements may be different. The guide has been written so that a newcomer to CAD should be able to follow it, and to that end computer jargon has been kept to a minimum, however, the guide may also be of use to the experienced who are re-purchasing and may have forgotten some of the pitfalls or unknowingly missed them the first time.
While it has been written to cover the highest levels of the technology, it can equally well be applied to micro computer based systems.
Where possible immediate trends in the development of CAD technology have been included, but the pace of development is such that some details will inevitably become out of date although the general principles should not change.
|Organization:||British Defence Standards|
|Document Number:||def stan 00-37|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 2 of 2.