Standard: ASME - ANSI Y10.11
LETTER SYMBOLS AND ABBREVIATIONS FOR QUANTITIES USED IN ACOUSTICS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This American National Standard establishes a standard set of letter symbols for quantities used in the science and technology of acoustics. It also establishes standard abbreviations for a number of acoustical levels and related measures that are in common use. The field of acoustics embraces the science and technology of sound and ultrasound in air and other gases, in water and other liquids, and in solids, including mechanical vibration and shock. Acoustics also embraces music, speech, hearing, and other physiological and psychological aspects of the interaction of sound with man and with animals.
Letter symbols for piezoelectric constants and for piezomagnetic (magnetostrictive) constants are not included, for they are covered in other standards. (See paras. 3.1 and 3.2.)
Rules for correct usage of letter symbols are given in Section 5. These include methods of expressing logarithmic quantities, together with their units and reference quantities.
|Document Number:||ansi y10.11|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|ANSI Y10.11||Change Type: REAF||Revision: 53||Status: INAC|
|ANSI Y10.11||Change Type:||Revision: 59||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 22.