Standard: ASTM A1000
STANDARD SPECIFICATION FOR STEEL WIRE, CARBON AND ALLOY SPECIALTY SPRING QUALITY
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This specification covers a quality of round and shaped plain carbon and alloy steel spring wire, uniform in quality and temper, intended for the manufacture of mechanical springs that can withstand moderate fatigue stresses over some relatively low number of cycles. The quality level is between the commercial quality grades of wire such as Specifications A 401/A 401M, A 231/A 231M, and A 229/A 229M and the valve spring quality grades such Specifications as A 230/A 230M, A 232/A 232M, A 877/A 877M and A 878/A 878M. It is similar to the grade TD (referenced in EN 10270-2) intended for medium fatigue levels, such as required for clutch springs. This wire shall be either in the annealed and cold-drawn or oil-tempered condition as specified by purchaser.
The values stated in either SI units or inch-pound units are to be regarded separately as standard. Within the text, the inch-pound units are shown in parentheses. The values stated in each system are not exact equivalents; therefore, each system must be used independent of the other.
|Document Number:||astm a1000|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|ASTM A1000||Change Type:||Update Date: 1999-03-10||Revision: 99||Status: INAC|