Standard: VA - FED H-08-1 SEC 01572
ASBESTOS ABATEMENT FOR TOTAL DEMOLITION PROJECTS INSTRUCTIONS TO THE ARCHITECT/ENGINEER/VP CONSULTANT
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
1. These specifications provide general guidance to personnel related to designing/implementing and executing the work required for a demolition project. Each demolition project will be a unique situation and the specification must be detailed for that particular project. This specification incorporates the current regulatory requirements, best demolition practices, procedures and technology related to demolition projects. The Architect/Engineer or VPIH may recommend additions/deletions to this specification based on local conditions/regulations. The project must be conducted in a safe, effective manner in order to protect the health and safety of VA patients, employees and the public and the environment. This specification typically requires a higher level of performance than strict regulatory compliance. Any changes to the specification must be clearly marked so that the changes can be adequately considered in the review process. Asbestos specifications must by reviewed, revised, and accepted by an EPA/State certified Project Designer.
2. These specifications are required to be used when total demolition of a VA building is performed. Applicable sections of the asbestos abatement specification in this Section 01572 shall be used. The contractor/competent persons must sign Attachment #5 prior to award of contract. Any and all other special instructions and general construction requirements shall also be complied with as indicated in the specification.
|Organization:||U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Document Number:||fed h-08-1 sec 01572|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|