Standard: HHS - 21 CFR PART 316
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
(a) This part implements sections 525, 526, 527, and 528 of the act and provides procedures to encourage and facilitate the development of drugs for rare diseases or conditions, including biological products and antibiotics. This part sets forth the procedures and requirements for:
(1) Submissions to FDA of:
(i) Requests for recommendations for investigations of drugs for rare diseases or conditions;
(ii) Requests for designation of a drug for a rare disease or condition; and
(iii) Requests for gaining exclusive approval for a drug for a rare disease or condition.
(2) Allowing a sponsor to provide an investigational drug under a treatment protocol to patients who need the drug for treatment of a rare disease or condition.
(b) This part does not apply to food, medical devices, or drugs for veterinary use.
(c) References in this part to regulatory sections of the Code of Federal Regulations are to chapter I of title 21, unless otherwise noted.
[57 FR 62085, Dec. 29, 1992, as amended at 78 FR 35132, June 12, 2013]
|Organization:||Food and Drug Administration (Medical Products Quality Assurance)|
|Document Number:||21 cfr part 316|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|