Standard: NFPA 286
STANDARD METHODS OF FIRE TESTS FOR EVALUATING CONTRIBUTION OF WALL AND CEILING INTERIOR FINISH TO ROOM FIRE GROWTH
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard describes a method for determining the contribution of interior finish materials to room fire growth during specified fire exposure conditions.
This method is intended for the evaluation of the flammability characteristics of wall and ceiling interior finish, where such materials constitute the exposed interior surfaces of buildings.
This fire test method is not intended for the evaluation of fire resistance of assemblies, nor is it intended for the evaluation of the effect of fires that originate within a wall assembly.
This standard specifies three types of specimen mounting, depending on the application of the interior finish material, as follows:
(1) Three walls (for interior finish to be used on walls only)
(2) Three walls and the ceiling (for interior finish to be used on walls and ceilings)
(3) The ceiling alone (for interior finish to be used on ceilings only)
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Document Number:||nfpa 286|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|NFPA 286||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2011-01-01||Revision: 11||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 286||Change Type:||Update Date: 2006-01-01||Revision: 06||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 286||Change Type:||Update Date: 2000-01-01||Revision: 00||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 12.