Standard: NFPA 276
STANDARD METHOD OF FIRE TEST FOR DETERMINING THE HEAT RELEASE RATE OF ROOFING ASSEMBLIES WITH COMBUSTIBLE ABOVE-DECK ROOFING COMPONENTS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard describes a method for determining the heat release rate from below the deck of roofing assemblies that have combustible above-deck roofing components when the assemblies are exposed to a fire from below the roof deck.
The performance of the above-deck roofing assembly is evaluated by determining the heat release rate below the deck of the roof test specimen.
This test method is based on the substitution method for measuring the heat release rate by using an auxiliary fuel (propane) to provide the surrogate heat release rate.
Two fire tests are conducted to determine the heat release rate of the test specimen as follows:
(1) Fire exposure test
(2) Evaluation test with auxiliary fuel
Each fire test is 30 minutes in duration.
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Document Number:||nfpa 276|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|NFPA 276||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2011-01-01||Revision: 11||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 8 of 8.
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.