Standard: AAMI 5356-1
ANAESTHETIC AND RESPIRATORY EQUIPMENT-CONICAL CONNECTORS-PART 1: CONES AND SOCKETS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of ISO 5356 specifies dimensional and gauging requirements for cones and sockets intended for connecting anaesthetic and respiratory equipment, e.g. in breathing systems, anaesthetic-gas scavenging systems and vaporizers.
This part of ISO 5356 gives requirements for the following conical connectors:
- 8,5 mm size intended for use in paediatric breathing systems;
- 15 mm and 22 mm sizes intended for general use in breathing systems;
- 22 mm latching connectors (including performance requirements);
- 23 mm size intended for use with vaporizers, but not for use in breathing systems;
- 30 mm size intended for the connection of a breathing system to an anaesthetic gas scavenging system.
This part of ISO 5356 does not specify the medical devices and accessories on which these connections are to be provided.
Requirements for the application of conical connectors are not included in this part of ISO 5356, but are or will be given in the relevant International Standards for specific medical devices and accessories.
NOTE Requirements for screw-threaded weight-bearing conical connectors are specified in ISO 5356-2.
|Organization:||Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation|
|Document Number:||aami 5356-1|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|