Standard: AAMI 80601-2-35
MEDICAL ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT-PART 2-35: PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BASIC SAFETY AND ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE OF HEATING DEVICES USING BLANKETS, PADS OR MATTRESSES AND INTENDED FOR HEATING IN MEDICAL USE
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This International Standard applies to the BASIC SAFETY and ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE of HEATING DEVICES using BLANKETS, PADS or MATTRESSES in medical use, also referred to as ME EQUIPMENT. HEATING DEVICES intended to prewarm a bed are included in the scope of this International Standard.
If a clause or subclause is specifically intended to be applicable to ME EQUIPMENT only, or to ME SYSTEMS only, the title and content of that clause or subclause will say so. If that is not the case, the clause or subclause applies both to ME EQUIPMENT and to ME SYSTEMS, as relevant.
If a clause or subclause is specifically intended to apply to a specifically defined type of ME EQUIPMENT, as is the case with FORCED AIR DEVICES, then the clause or subclause is entitled as such. Clauses or subclauses that apply to all types of ME EQUIPMENT within the scope of this standard are not specifically entitled.
HAZARDS inherent in the intended physiological function of ME EQUIPMENT or ME SYSTEMS within the scope of this standard are not covered by specific requirements in this standard except in 7.2.13 and 8.4.1 of the general standard.
NOTE See also 4.2 of the general standard. This particular standard does not apply to:
- HEATING DEVICES intended for physiotherapy;
- radiant warmers; for information, see IEC 60601-2-21 2;
- incubators; for information, see IEC 60601-2-19 ;
- transport incubators, for information, see IEC 60601-2-20 ;
- cooling devices.
The object of this particular standard is to establish particular BASIC SAFETY and ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE requirements, which minimize HAZARDS to PATIENTS, and OPERATORS for heating devices using BLANKETS, PADS or MATTRESSES and intended for heating in medical use and to specify tests for demonstrating compliance with these requirements.
|Organization:||Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation|
|Document Number:||aami 80601-2-35|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|