Standard: LUL - BB229
FIRE PRECAUTIONS ISOLATION OF AUTOMATIC FIRE DETECTION AND PROTECTION EQUIPMENT
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard applies whenever it is necessary to disconnect or isolate automatic heat or smoke detection devices (with or without automatic suppression) in order to avoid the devices being activated by dust, heat or smoke from nearby work.
If the station is governed by the Fire Precautions (Sub-Surface Railway Stations) Regulations 1989 (the ‘sub-surface' regulations) and the isolation is to take place during traffic hours, then it will be necessary to arrange for a temporary exemption from the sub-surface regulations. A temporary exemption is not necessary if work takes place during engineering hours only.
|Organization:||London Underground Library|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|BB229||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2005-04-24||Status: INAC|
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.