Standard: BHMA - ANSI A156.40
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
ANSI/BHMA A156.40 establishes requirements for residential deadbolts and deadlatches, and includes durability, security, finish tests. Residential deadbolt and deadlatches are generally used for single family homes and multifamily dwellings.
Tests described in this Standard are performed under laboratory conditions. In actual usage, results vary because of installation, door and frame construction, maintenance and environmental conditions.
When locks and latches are used in fire door assemblies, they shall have been tested and listed for use in fire doors by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and shall be under an in-plant follow-up inspection service.
|Organization:||Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association Inc.|
|Document Number:||ansi a156.40|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.