Standard: IEEE 1
RECOMMENDED PRACTICE - GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR TEMPERATURE LIMITS IN THE RATING OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT AND FOR THE EVALUATION OF ELECTRICAL INSULATION
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Guiding principles are included for the development of test procedures for
- Thermal evaluation of electrical insulating materials (EIM)
- Thermal evaluation of electrical insulation systems (EIS)
- Thermal classification 1 of EIS for rating electric equipment
The principles are presented in the following order:
- Clause 4, General concepts
- Clause 6, Evaluation of the thermal capability of EIM
- Clause 7, Limiting temperatures and their measurement for EIS
- Clause 8, Thermal evaluation of EIS
In the application of these principles, variations are necessary to suit the widely different types of equipment and service conditions that are considered in equipment standards. When specific equipment, IEEE, or other recognized standards based on these principles are available, they should take precedence over this recommended practice.
This recommended practice is intended to serve in the preparation of standards that are principally concerned with the thermal endurance of EIM and simple combinations thereof, with the establishment of limiting temperatures of EIS, and with the provision of general principles for thermal classification of EIS.
|Organization:||The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.|
|Document Number:||ieee 1|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|IEEE 1||Change Type: REAF||Update Date: 2000-12-07||Revision: 00||Status: INAC|
|IEEE 1||Change Type:||Update Date: 2000-12-07||Revision: 00||Status: INAC|
|IEEE 1||Change Type: REAF||Update Date: 1986-01-01||Revision: 86||Status: INAC|
|IEEE 1||Change Type:||Revision: 86||Status: INAC|
|IEEE 1||Change Type:||Update Date: 1969-01-01||Revision: 69||Status: INAC|
|IEEE 1||Change Type:||Revision: 62||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 9 of 9.