Standard: UL - 1004-5 CRD
UL STANDARDS FOR SAFETY FIRE PUMP MOTORS - SECTION / PARAGRAPH REFERENCE: SECTIONS 1, 3, 8, 9, 10 AND 11 SUBJECT: REVISED REQUIREMENTS TO SUPPORT MOTORS RATED GREATER THAN 500 HP AND EXCESS OF 600V, ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR IEC DESIGN N MOTORS, ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SINGLE PHASE MOTORS, AND CLARIFICATION FOR MEASURING THE LOCKED-ROTOR CURRENT
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
A motor for use with fire pumps shall be polyphase Design B, as defined in NEMA MG 1, Motors and Generators.
Exception: A motor complying with Exceptions No. 1 and No. 2 of Clause 10.2 is considered to meet the intent of Clause 3.1
Fire pump motors intended for use with variable speed drives shall additionally meet the requirements of NEMA MG-1, Motors and Generators, Part 31, Definite Purpose Inverter Fed Polyphase Motors.
Exception: A motor complying with UL 1004-8, Inverter Duty Motors, is considered to fulfill the requirement of Clause 3.2.
|Document Number:||1004-5 crd|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|