Standard: IEC 60063
PREFERRED NUMBER SERIES FOR RESISTORS AND CAPACITORS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This International Standard provides series of preferred values for the resistance of resistors and for the capacitance of capacitors.
The definition of such series with a defined numeric resolution is a basic prerequisite for the marking and coding of capacitors and resistors with their respective capacitance or resistance values as described in IEC 60062.
NOTE The number series defined in this standard are based on progressive ratios of r√10 , with r = 3 · 2i, and i being a whole number in the range of 0 to 6, hence e.g. of 12√10 .
This system of progressive ratios had been established prior to the 1952 release of the first edition of this standard1 as a consequence of the standardisation of tolerances at ±5 %, ±10 % and ±20 % and the related commercial practice. An adoption of the ISO practice, based on a 10√10 system, was never considered achievable.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60063|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|IEC 60063||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 1963-01-01||Revision: 2.0||Status: INAC|