Standard: TAPPI T 454
TURPENTINE TEST FOR VOIDS IN GLASSINE AND GREASEPROOF PAPERS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method gives an accelerated comparison of the relative rates at which oils or greases, such as commonly found in foodstuffs, may be expected to penetrate papers such as greaseproof, glassine, and vegetable parchment. In addition, it may be used to select and predict the performance of these grades of papers for an intended end use. The selection should be used as preliminary to, and not a substitute for, tests with prototype end products containing the oils or greases of interest. It may not be applicable to grades of paper or paperboard that are given grease or oil resistance by means of a coating or internal treatment.
|Document Number:||tappi t 454|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|