Standard: TAPPI T 555
ROUGHNESS OF PAPER AND PAPERBOARD (PRINT-SURF METHOD)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method measures the roughness of paper and paperboard under conditions intended to simulate the nip pressures and backing substrates found in printing processes. It is applicable to coated and uncoated papers and paperboards which are intended to be printed by contacting printing processes. The measuring principle, that of determining the resistance to flow or air between the test surface and a metal band in contact with it, is similar to that employed in TAPPI Test Method T 538 om-96 "Roughness of Paper and Paperboard (Sheffield Method)." The major difference between this and other air leak methods is that the metal band dimensions, clamp pressures and composition of the measuring nip are all intended to simulate printing process conditions.
|Document Number:||tappi t 555|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|