Standard: TAPPI T 558
SURFACE WETTABILITY AND ABSORBENCY OF SHEETED MATERIALS USING AN AUTOMATED CONTACT ANGLE TESTER
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This test method measures the contact angle of a test liquid in contact with a film or a paper substrate under specified test conditions. This test method may be used with any liquid of interest which is compatible with the equipment used, particularly with regard to liquid viscosity, tackiness, and vapor pressure (evaporation). This test method may be used with any substrate of interest, which can be cut to dimensions compatible with the equipment used.
For materials which sorb the test liquid under the specified test conditions, the rate of change of the contact angle as a function of time may be significant, and may be determined using procedures described here after. It is also possible to evaluate the sorptive properties of a surface, as the remaining liquid volume on top of the specimen surface is measured as a function of time.
The conditions required in this test method specify reagent water as the test liquid when testing papers designed to be absorbent, such as absorbent tissue grades.
|Document Number:||tappi t 558|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|