Standard: PAPTAC - D.37
Z-DIRECTIONAL STRENGTH OF PAPER AND PAPERBOARD
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes a procedure for measuring z-directional internal fibre bond strength of paper and paperboard when a specimen is subjected to a separation force. The Z-directional Tester (ZDT) measures this force by means of tension applied perpendicularly to the surfaces of the specimen at a controlled, specified rate. This test is intended for paper and paperboard which has an internal fibre bond strength lower than the adhesive bond strength between the tape, the specimen and the test platens.
|Organization:||Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada, Formerly CPPA|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|D.37P||Change Type:||Update Date: 1996-07-01||Status: INAC|