Standard: IEC 60061-4C
THIRD SUPPLEMENT TO PUBLICATION 61-4 (1990) LAMP CAPS AND HOLDERS TOGETHER WITH GAUGES FOR THE CONTROL OF INTERCHANGEABILITY AND SAFETY. PART 4: GUIDELINES AND GENERAL INFORMATION
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
A coding system is in existence that can be used to assign designations to lamp caps and lampholders. Meaningful assignment can be made to the letters, numbers and symbols that make up this designation. The system has gained international acceptance and should be used as much as possible.
It is self-evident that there is a relationship between a certain lamp cap and the lampholder to be used with it. This relation is reflected in the relevant designation, part of which is used in common for the two products.
As a consequence of this system it is possible to compare caps and holders from various manufacturers and, where they are interchangeable, the same designation can be assigned to them. This system is also a powerful instrument for controlling proliferation of designs. Assignment of designations to new types of cap and holder is the prerogative of the experts group EPC of IEC Sub-Committee 348.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60061-4c|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|