Standard: AAMI HA60601-1-11
MEDICAL ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT - PART 1-11: GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR BASIC SAFETY AND ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE - COLLATERAL STANDARD: REQUIREMENTS FOR MEDICAL ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT AND MEDICAL ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS USED IN THE HOME HEALTHCARE ENVIRONMENT
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This International Standard applies to the BASIC SAFETY and ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE of MEDICAL ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT and MEDICAL ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS for use in the HOME HEALTHCARE ENVIRONMENT, as defined in 3.1, and specified by the MANUFACTURER in the instructions for use. This International Standard applies regardless of whether the ME EQUIPMENT or ME SYSTEM is intended for use by a LAY OPERATOR or by trained healthcare personne.
The HOME HEALTHCARE ENVIRONMENT includes:
– the dwelling place in which a PATIENT lives;
– other places where PATIENTS are present both indoors and outdoors, excluding professional healthcare facility environments where OPERATORS with medical training are continually available when PATIENTS are present.
This International Standard does not apply to ME EQUIPMENT and ME SYSTEMS intended solely for use in the EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES ENVIRONMENT, covered by IEC 60601-1-12 or solely for use in professional healthcare facilities covered by IEC 60601-1 without the additions of IEC 60601-1-12 or this collateral standard. Nonetheless, ME EQUIPMENT or ME SYSTEMS can be intended for multiple use environments, and as such, if also intended for use in the HOME HEALTHCARE ENVIRONMENT, are within the scope of this standard.
EXAMPLE ME EQUIPMENT or ME SYSTEMS intended for both the HOME HEALTHCARE ENVIRONMENT and the professional healthcare facility environment.
NOTE HOME HEALTHCARE ENVIRONMENT ME EQUIPMENT and ME SYSTEMS can frequently be used in locations with unreliable electrical sources and poor electrical grounding.
|Organization:||Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation|
|Document Number:||aami ha60601-1-11|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|