Standard: NFPA 24
STANDARD FOR THE INSTALLATION OF PRIVATE FIRE SERVICE MAINS AND THEIR APPURTENANCES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard shall cover the minimum requirements for the installation of private fire service mains and their appurtenances, which include supplying the following:
(1) Automatic sprinkler systems
(2) Open sprinkler systems
(3) Water spray fixed systems
(4) Foam systems
(5) Private hydrants
(6) Monitor nozzles or standpipe systems with reference to water supplies
(7) Hose houses
This standard shall apply to combined service mains intended to carry water for fire service and other uses.
This standard shall not apply to the following situations:
(1) Mains under the control of a water utility
(2) Mains providing fire protection and/or domestic water that are privately owned but are operated as a water utility
This standard shall not apply to underground mains serving sprinkler systems designed and installed in accordance with NFPA 13R that are less than 4 in. (100 mm) in nominal diameter.
This standard shall not apply to underground mains serving sprinkler systems designed and installed in accordance with NFPA 13D.
Purpose. The purpose of this standard shall be to provide a reasonable degree of protection for life and property from fire through installation requirements for private fire service main systems based on sound engineering principles, test data, and field experience.
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Document Number:||nfpa 24|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|NFPA 24||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2013-01-01||Revision: 13||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 24||Change Type:||Update Date: 2010-01-01||Revision: 10||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 24||Change Type:||Update Date: 2007-01-01||Revision: 07||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 24||Change Type:||Update Date: 2002-01-01||Revision: 02||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 24||Change Type:||Update Date: 1995-01-01||Revision: 95||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 24||Change Type:||Revision: 92||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 24||Change Type:||Update Date: 1987-06-30||Revision: 87||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 24||Change Type:||Revision: 84||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 24||Change Type:||Revision: 81||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 75.