Standard: NFPA - 1221
STANDARD FOR THE INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, AND USE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard shall cover the installation, performance, operation, and maintenance of public emergency services communications systems and facilities.
This standard shall not be used as a design specification manual or an instruction manual.
Purpose. The purpose of this standard shall be as follows:
(1) To specify operations, facilities, and communications systems that receive alarms from the public
(2) To provide requirements for the retransmission of such alarms to the appropriate emergency response agencies
(3) To provide requirements for dispatching of appropriate emergency response personnel
(4) To establish the required levels of performance and quality of installations of emergency services communications systems
Public fire alarm systems and fire alarm systems on private premises from which signals are received directly or indirectly by the communications center shall be in accordance withNFPA 72.
Emergency reporting systems that are not covered by this standard shall be in accordance withNFPA 72.
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|NFPA 1221||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2013-01-01||Revision: 13||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 1221||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2010-01-01||Revision: 10||Status: INAC|
|1221||Change Type:||Update Date: 2007-01-01||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 1221||Change Type:||Update Date: 2006-08-17||Revision: 07||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 1221||Change Type: ERTA||Update Date: 2002-07-19||Revision: 02||Status: INAC|
|1221||Change Type:||Update Date: 2002-07-19||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 1221||Change Type:||Update Date: 2002-07-19||Revision: 02||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 1221||Change Type:||Update Date: 1999-01-01||Revision: 99||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 1221||Change Type:||Update Date: 1994-01-01||Revision: 94||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 46.view more