Standard: LUL - G1163
STATIONS DLO - FAILURE REPORTING ANALYSIS & CORRECTIVE ACTION SYSTEM (FRACAS)
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Guidance applies to Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) within Stations Department London Underground.
The purpose of this Guidance is to describe the Failure Reporting Analysis & Corrective Action System (FRACAS). This process is a disciplined closed loop failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system. The FRACAS process is a useful tool in the achievement of Asset reliability and safety. A FRACAS is used to record all failures and problems related to an Asset or process and their associated root causes and failure analyses in order to assist in identifying and implementing corrective actions.
A closed loop system should include,
• Assurance that root cause of each failure is found and clearly defined
• Provisions to assure that effective corrective action are taken in timely basis
• Follow up review for all open failure analysis and corrective action
• Reporting all delinquencies to management
The integral part of a successful FRACAS process is the Failure Review Board (FRB), which is responsible for initiating and reviewing the corrective action to ensure reliability, efficiency and safety improvement
The purpose of this guidance is to guide the reader through the method of Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) within Stations Department London Underground.
|Organization:||London Underground Library|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|G1163||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2012-03-01||Status: INAC|