Environmental influence testing methodology for operational deployments of European ABC systems
|Publication Date:||1 March 2016|
|ICS Code (Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics):||35.240.15|
The purpose of this document is to specify the ISO/IEC 29197 testing methodology for European ABC systems. This specification will cover the following aspects:
- environmental conditions which influence biometric modalities used for European ABC systems, i.e. temperature, humidity, illumination and noise;
- different tests that can be defined regarding European ABC systems and the procedures for defining of the evaluation conditions to analyse per each test;
- particular characteristics of European ABC systems in accordance to best practice recommendations and privacy and data protection regulations for this kind of systems in case of European deployments.
As a consequence, the proposed document will include the following aspects:
- specific requirements for planning and executing environmental testing evaluations for European ABC systems based on ISO/IEC 29197 project and the best practices recommendations provided by CEN/TS 16634 Personal identification
- Recommendations for using biometrics in European Automated Border Control document;
- recommendations for the selection of the possible tests according to the specific system that is going to be evaluated;
- specific requirements to establish and measure such evaluation conditions as well as to establish the baseline performance;
- a specification of the biometric performance evaluation including requirements for test population, test protocols, data to record and test results consistent with operational deployments of European ABC systems.