Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-2: Particular requirements for vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances
|Publication Date:||1 April 2016|
|ICS Code (Cleaning appliances):||97.080|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
Battery-operated appliances and other d.c. supplied appliances are within the scope of thisstandard. Dual supply appliances, either mains-supplied or battery-operated, are regarded asbattery-operated appliances when operated in the battery mode.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric vacuum cleaners and watersuctioncleaning
This standard also applies to motorized cleaning heads and current-carrying hosesassociated with a particular vacuum cleaner.
Appliances not intended for normal household use, but which nevertheless may be a sourceof danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops and otherpremises for normal housekeeping purposes, are within the scope of this standard.
NOTE 101 Examples of such appliances are appliances intended to be used for normal housekeeping purposes inhotels, offices, schools, hospitals and similar premises.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented byappliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general,it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may benecessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the nationalauthorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of acorrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- wet and dry vacuum cleaners, including power brush, for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-69).