NATO - AASTP-5
NATO GUIDELINES FOR THE STORAGE, MAINTENANCE AND TRANSPORT OF AMMUNITION ON DEPLOYED MISSIONS OR OPERATIONS
|Publication Date:||20 June 2016|
1. AASTP-5 will assist the planning, transport, reconnaissance, establishment and management of ammunition in the deployed environment.
2. AASTP-5, Chapter 1, is intended to serve as an awareness guideline for Operational Commanders. Chapter 2 of this publication is intended for use by the Operational Commander's Specialist.
3. AASTP-5 establishes minimum Field Distances (FD) for Net Explosive Quantity (NEQ) not to exceed 4,000 kg beyond which AASTP-1 Quantity Distances (QD) shall apply.
4. AASTP-5 is effective upon receipt. AASTP-5, like other AC/326 AASTPs and AOPs, will be revised periodically. Comments from users of this publication are invited. Comments should be directed to the Secretary of the AC/326 at NATO HQ; Brussels, Belgium.
5. Annex H is a list of technical documents that were significant in the development of version 2 of AASTP-5.