Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use – Part 2-012: Particular requirements for climatic and environmental testing and other temperature conditioning equipment
|Publication Date:||1 July 2016|
|ICS Code (Electrical and electronic testing):||19.080|
Equipment included in scope
This group safety publication is primarily intended to be used as a product safety standard for the products mentioned in the scope, but shall also be used by technical committees in the preparation of their publications for products similar to those mentioned in the scope of this standard, in accordance with the principles laid down in IEC Guide 104 and lSO/lEC Guide 51. This Part 2 of IEC 61010 specifies safety requirements for electrical equipment and their accessories within the categories a) through c), wherever they are intended to be used, whenever that equipment incorporates one or more of the following characteristics:
- A REFRIGERATING SYSTEM that is acted on or impacted by an integral heating function such that the combined heating and cooling system generates additional and/or more severe HAZARDS than those for the two systems if treated separately.
- The materials being treated in the intended application introduce significant heat into the REFRIGERATING SYSTEM that the cooling system in the application yield additional and/or more severe HAZARDS than those for the cooling system if operated at the maximum RATED ambient alone.
- An irradiation function for the materials being treated presenting additional HAZARDS.
- A function to expose the materials being treated to excessive humidity, carbon dioxide, salt mist, or other substances which may result in additional HAZARDS.
- A function of MECHANICAL MOVEMENT presenting additional HAZARDS.
- Provision for an OPERATOR to walk-in to the operating area to load or unload the materials being treated
If all or part of the equipment falls within the scope of one or more other Part 2 standards of IEC 61010 as well as within the scope of this standard, it should also meet the requirements of those other Part 2 standards. However, when the equipment incorporates only a REFRIGERATING SYSTEM or only a heating function or a combination of the two without introducing additional HAZARDS described in the above dashed paragraphs then the application of IEC 61010-2-011 or IEC 61010-2-010 or both, as applicable, shall be considered instead of this Part 2.
See further information in the flow chart for selection process and guidance in the INTRODUCTION.
NOTE 102 Subclause 3.1.107 and Annex BB provides definition and requirements for protection of people who are inside WALK-IN EQUIPMENT.