Safety and control devices for gas burners and gas-burning appliances - Particular requirements - Part 10: Vent valves
|Publication Date:||1 August 2016|
|ICS Code (Gas fuel burners):||27.060.20|
This part of ISO 23551 specifies the safety, design, construction and performance requirements and testing for automatic vent valves (hereafter referred to as "valves") for use with gas burners, gas appliances burning one or more gaseous fuels.
This part of ISO 23551 is applicable to valves with declared maximum inlet pressures up to and including 500 kPa (5 bar) of nominal connection sizes up to and including DN 100 (4").
This part of ISO 23551 is applicable to
- normally open valves,
- electrically operated valves and to valves actuated by fluids where the control valves for these fluids are actuated electrically, but not to any external devices for switching the control signal or actuating energy, and
- valves fitted with open position indicator switches.
This part of ISO 23551 is not applicable to
- valves for burners and appliances using renewables and/or waste gases (i.e. gases having corrosive characteristics), In case valves are in contact with renewables and/or waste gases, it is recommend to use this part of ISO 23551 only if explicit information is provided and relevant test methods and requirements are specified.
- valves for appliances intended to be installed in the open air and exposed to the outdoor environment,
- valves that are connected directly to mains pipe-work or to a container that maintains a standard distribution pressure, and
- valves suitable with oil.
This part of ISO 23551 is applicable to type testing only.
NOTE Provisions for final product inspection and testing by the manufacturer are not specified.