OPTICAL FIBER OUTSIDE PLANT COMMUNICATIONS CABLE
|Publication Date:||25 August 2016|
This Standard covers optical fiber communications cable intended for outdoor use and normally installed aerially, directly buried, or placed in underground ducts. Additional requirements are included in Annex D for "figure-8" aerial selfsupporting cables and in Annex F for all-dielectric self-support cables, as appropriate. Materials, constructions, and performance requirements are included in the Standard, together with applicable test procedures. Refer to other published ICEA cable product standards for information on optical fiber cable requirements for other applications
• S-83-596: Indoor optical fiber cable
• S-104-696: Indoor-outdoor optical fiber cable)
• S-110-717: Standard for optical fiber drop cable
• S-112-718: Optical fiber cable for placement in sewer environments)
• S-115-730: Optical fiber cables intended for Multiple Dwelling Unit (MDU) applications
• S-119-741: Fiber to the antenna (FTTA) optical fiber cable.
• S-120-742: Hybrid optical fiber cables intended for use in limited power circuits.
• S-121-744: Optical fiber outside plant microduct cables
Products covered by this Standard are intended for operation only under conditions normally found in communications systems. These products normally convey communications signals (voice, video, and data) from point-to-point or point-to-multi-point
When a hybrid cable is required, the applicable metallic conductor requirements shall be as established by agreement between the end user and the cable manufacturer. The requirements of ANSI/ICEA S-84-608 should be considered when determining appropriate requirements