CEN - EN ISO/IEC 27037
Information technology - Security techniques - Guidelines for identification, collection, acquisition and preservation of digital evidence
|Publication Date:||1 August 2016|
|ICS Code (Information coding):||35.040|
This International Standard provides guidelines for specific activities in handling digital evidence, which are identification, collection, acquisition and preservation of digital evidence that may be of evidential value. This International Standard provides guidance to individuals with respect to common situations encountered throughout the digital evidence handling process and assists organizations in their disciplinary procedures and in facilitating the exchange of potential digital evidence between jurisdictions.
This International Standard gives guidance for the following devices and/or functions that are used in various circumstances:
Digital storage media used in standard computers like hard drives, floppy disks, optical and magneto optical disks, data devices with similar functions,
- Mobile phones, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs), Personal Electronic Devices (PEDs), memory cards,
- Mobile navigation systems,
- Digital still and video cameras (including CCTV),
- Standard computer with network connections,
- Networks based on TCP/IP and other digital protocols, and
- Devices with similar functions as above.
NOTE 1 The above list of devices is an indicative list and not exhaustive.
NOTE 2 Circumstances include the above devices that exist in various forms. For example, an automotive system may include mobile navigation system, data storage and sensory system.