PCM energy storage systems in building services
|Publication Date:||1 December 2016|
|ICS Code (Installations in buildings in general):||91.140.01|
|ICS Code (Energy and heat transfer engineering in general):||27.010|
This standard conveys fundamental terms and definitions for PCM energy storage systems in the building services and describes the devices and procedures required for these systems as well as their
design and the performance parameters. Basic principles of quantifying the reduction of energy consumption and, thus, of CO2-emissions are described.
This standard deals with definitions and basic design and calculation principles for the following PCM energy storage systems:
• passive panel heating and cooling systems (e.g. building materials, building components)
• active panel heating and cooling systems (e.g. chilled ceilings)
• local ventilation systems for cooling operation
• central ventilation systems for heating and cooling operation
• energy storage systems Ice storage systems and slurries are not addressed by this standard.