General HVAC Module Requirements
|Publication Date:||1 March 2017|
Note: Nothing in this standard supercedes applicable laws and regulations.
Note: In the event of conflict between the English and domestic language, the English language shall take precedence.
Purpose. This standard defines the general requirements, test conditions and test methods for function, material and static load tests for heating ventilation air conditioning (HVAC) modules for automotive applications.
Applicability. Heating and air conditioning for the complete vehicle range.
Remarks. General requirements and requirements for single components are defined in the following parts to this standard.
• GMW3079 Plenum - Heating Ventilation (HV)/HVAC Inlet Water Ingestion (includes Dynamic Separation Test).
• GMW14139 Corporate Body Pressure Relief Valves (PRV).
• GMW14192 Condenser with Integrated Receiver Dryer Product and Test Procedure Specification.
• GMW14319 Refrigerant Hose and Coupling.
• GMW14321 Fuel Operated Heater: Auxiliary and Parking.
• GMW14322 Heater Core.
• GMW14323 HVAC Particle Filter.
• GMW14325 HVAC Air Ducts.
• GMW14483 Vehicle Air Conditioning Compressor and HVAC System Noise and Vibration Evaluation Procedure.
• GMW14718 Heating Unit, Air Conditioning Unit.
• GMW14780 General HVAC Module Requirements.
• GMW14787 HVAC Hybrid Filter, Particle and Odor.
• GMW14788 Variable A/C Compressor.
• GMW14789 Fixed A/C Compressor.
• GMW15259 Blower and Recirculating Air Housing.
• GMW15448 Specification for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Air Outlets.
• GMW16151 Air Conditioning System Evaporator.
• GMW16154 Corporate Thermostatic Expansion Valve.