Rubber-Gasket Joints for Ductile-Iron Pressure Pipe and Fittings
|Publication Date:||14 January 2017|
This standard describes rubber-gasket joints of the following types for ductileiron pressure pipe and ductile-iron and gray-iron fittings, valves, hydrants, and other appurtenances for potable water, raw water, nonaggressive wastewater, and reclaimed water supply service.
1. Mechanical joint. The mechanical joint is designed for pipe in sizes 3 in. through 24 in. (80 mm through 600 mm), and fittings in sizes 3 in. through 64 in. (80 mm through 1,600 mm).*
2. Push-on joint. The push-on joint is designed for pipe and fittings in sizes 3 in. through 64 in. (80 mm through 1,600 mm).
3. Flanged joint. The flanged joint is designed for pipe and fittings in sizes 3 in. through 64 in. (80 mm through 1,600 mm).
4. Modifications to push-on and mechanical joints. Modifications to the designs shown in this standard, including but not limited to segmented or special glands and split sleeves, are permissible as long as the design meets the performance requirements stated in Sec. 4.7.
The purpose of this standard is to provide the minimum requirements for rubber-gasket joints for ductile-iron pressure pipe and ductile-iron and gray-iron fittings, including requirements and inspection.
* Metric conversions are direct conversions of US customary units and are not those specified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards.