DIN EN 16585-1
Railway applications - Design for PRM use - Equipment and components onboard rolling stock - Part 1: Toilets
|Publication Date:||1 May 2017|
|ICS Code (Aids for disabled and handicapped persons in general):||11.180.01|
|ICS Code (Trailing stock):||45.060.20|
This European Standard describes the specific 'Design for PRM use' requirements applying to rolling stockN1) and the assessment of those requirements. The following applies to this standard:
- the definitions and requirements describe specific aspects of 'Design for PRM use' required by persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility as defined in the PRM TSI;
- this standard defines elements which are universally valid for obstacle free travelling including toilets, elements for sitting, standing and moving and clearways and internal doors. The definitions and requirements of this standard are to be used for rolling stock applications;
- this standard only refers to aspects of accessibility for PRM passengers. It does not define general requirements and general definitions;
- this standard assumes that the rolling stock is in its defined operating condition;
- where minimum or maximum dimensions are quoted these are absolute NOT nominal requirements.
The 'Equipment and Components' standard is written in three parts:
- this document is Part 1 and contains:
- part 2 contains:
- wheelchair spaces;
- part 3 contains:
- internal doors.
N1) National footnote: The term "rolling stock" is translated by Fahrzeuge in the German version. "Rolling stock" is based on TSI PRM, a specification for the application of TSIs for interoperability relating to accessibility of the European Union's rail system for persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility.