Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-102: Particular requirements for gas, oil and solid-fuel burning appliances having electrical connections
|Publication Date:||1 December 2017|
|ICS Code (Solid fuel heaters):||97.100.30|
|ICS Code (Gas heaters):||97.100.20|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This International Standard deals with the safety of gas, oil and solid-fuel burning appliances having electrical connections, for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances. This standard covers the electrical safety and some other safety aspects of these appliances.
All safety aspects are covered when the appliance also complies with the relevant standard for the fuel-burning appliance. If the appliance incorporates electric heating sources, safety aspects concerning these electric sources are covered when the appliance also complies with the relevant part 2 of IEC 60335.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances within the scope of this standard are
- central heating boilers;
- commercial catering equipment;
- cooking appliances;
- laundry and cleaning appliances;
- room heaters;
- warm air heaters;
- water heaters.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
This standard deals with the reasonably foreseeable hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons.
However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).