CSA C22.2 NO 60335-2-80
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-80: Particular requirements for fans
|Publication Date:||1 January 2017|
|ICS Code (Ventilators. Fans. Air-conditioners):||23.120|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric fans for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 Examples of fans that are within the scope of this standard are
- ceiling fans;
- duct fans;
- partition fans;
- pedestal fans;
- table fans.
This standard also applies to separate controls supplied with fans.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended for use in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- fans incorporated in other appliances.