CSA ISO/IEC TR 15440
Information technology - Future keyboards and other input devices and entry methods
|Publication Date:||1 January 2018|
|ICS Code (IT terminal and other peripheral equipment):||35.180|
This Technical Report (TR) covers the following:
- different input requirements catering for national and international practices and support of cultural and linguistic diversity;
- recognition of requirements regarding comfort of use (for any user, including children, elderly and disabled people) and improved user productivity related to inputting data;
- enhancements of keyboards and related input devices and methods required for new emerging phenomena such as Internet, multimedia, virtual reality;
- virtual input requirements;
- labelling issues (soft [LCD] and hard, permanent and temporary labels), function symbols and icons.
This Technical Report does not cover implications of biometric input (fingerprint-based, iris-patternbased, face-shape-based, etc.) devices for access and security.
This Technical Report is aimed at both the users and manufacturers and intends to present the user requirements regarding keyboards and associated devices and methods, at the time of publication of this technical report.