Certification of pipeline components
|Publication Date:||1 March 2017|
The certification of pipeline components applies for pressure containing components. It covers the pertinent component isolated and does not include connecting pipeline sections, associated structures or supports if not part of the component itself. The certification shall account for maximum forces that can be transferred to the component from the connecting pipeline sections under installation, testing and operation.
Specific product certification requirements are given to the following pipeline components:
- Pipeline valves (typical component parts are body, bonnet, stem, ball/gate, seals, fasteners, e.g. bodybonnet connection, end connections towards pipeline).
- Pipeline flanges and clamp/hub connectors (typical component parts to consider are flange halves, swivel flanges, clamps and hubs, fasteners and seal).
- Pig traps (typical component parts to consider are main barrels, closure, seals, fasteners and branched connections/lines).
- Repair clamps and couplings (typical component parts to consider are clamp halves, coupling housing, fasteners, seals and pipeline gripping segments if relevant).
- Inline isolation plugs (typical component parts to consider are plug body, fasteners, seals and pipeline gripping segments).
- Hot tap tees (typical parts to consider are hot tap clamp/tee body, branch, fasteners, seals, hot tap valve and goose neck).
For other pipeline components typically covered by pipeline certification projects DNVGL-SE-0475 may be used as an alternative to this service specification.
Pipeline components typically designed and manufactured on a pipeline project specific basis are pipeline fittings, induction bends, CP isolation joints, anchor flanges, buckle arrestors and anodes.
The product certification requirements given by this service specification is applicable to all pipeline components.