CEN - EN 12004-2
Adhesives for ceramic tiles - Part 2: Test methods
|Publication Date:||1 February 2017|
|ICS Code (Cement. Gypsum. Lime. Mortar):||91.100.10|
|ICS Code (Concrete and concrete products):||91.100.30|
|ICS Code (Adhesives):||83.180|
This European Standard specifies the methods for determining characteristics for adhesives used in internal and external installation of ceramic tiles.
This European Standard does not contain performance requirements or recommendations for the design and installation of ceramic tiles.
The following test methods are described:
- determination of open time (8.1);
- determination of slip (8.2);
- determination of tensile adhesion strength for cementitious adhesives (8.3);
- determination of shear adhesion strength of dispersion adhesives (8.4);
- determination of shear adhesion strength of reaction resin adhesives (8.5);
- determination of transverse deformation of cementitious adhesives (8.6).
NOTE Ceramic tile adhesives can be used also for other kinds of tiles (natural and agglomerated stones, etc.), if they do not adversely affect the stones.
WARNING - This European Standard can involve hazardous materials and operations. Persons using this standard should be familiar with normal laboratory practice. This European Standard does not purport to address all the safety problems, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user to establish appropriate safety and health practices and to ensure compliance with any European and national regulatory conditions.