CEN - EN 1439
LPG equipment and accessories - Procedure for checking transportable refillable LPG cylinders before, during and after filling
|Publication Date:||1 June 2017|
|ICS Code (Gas cylinders):||23.020.35|
This document specifies the procedures to be adopted when checking transportable refillable LPG cylinders before, during and after filling.
This document applies to transportable refillable LPG cylinders of water capacity not exceeding 150 l and deemed to be fitted with valves designed according to EN ISO 14245  and EN ISO 15995 .
This document does not cover the requirements for filling LPG cylinders that are designed and equipped for filling by the user.
This document does not cover the requirements for filling LPG containers on vehicles.
This document is applicable to the following:
- welded and brazed steel LPG cylinders with a specified minimum wall thickness (see EN 1442 and EN 12807  or an equivalent standard);
- welded steel LPG cylinders without specified minimum wall thickness (see EN 14140 or an equivalent standard);
- welded aluminium LPG cylinders (see EN 13110  or an equivalent standard);
- composite LPG cylinders (see EN 14427 or an equivalent standard); and
- over-moulded cylinders (OMC).
Specific requirements for the different types of cylinders are detailed in Annex A, Annex B, Annex C, Annex D and Annex G.
This draft standard is intended to be applied to cylinders complying with RID/ADR   (including pi marked cylinders) and also to existing non RID/ADR cylinder populations.